Without motivation, you’ll never finish an ultramarathon.
It’s so easy to give up – you have hours of opportunities.
If you’re strong enough to endure the initial hours, congratulations! But that means nothing if you can’t endure until the finish.
Reciting short running quotes can help pump you up before and during a race.
These are many great mantras you can adopt, checkout some of our favorites below!
Motivational Running Quotes
1. "Not all pain is significant." - Dave Terry
2. "Sometimes you just do things." - Scott Jurek
3. "This is what you came for." - Scott Jurek
4. "It's supposed to hurt like hell." - Dean Karnazes
5. "There is magic in misery." - Dean Karnazes
6. "A run begins the moment you forget you are running." - Adidas
7. "Racing is the fun part; it's the reward of all the hard work." - Kara Goucher
8. "It does not matter how slowly you do so long as you do not stop." - Confucious
9. "The only way to define your limits is by going beyond them." - Arthur Clarke
10. "All it takes is all you got." - Marc Davis
11. “Pain is temporary.” - Lance Armstrong
12. "Act like a horse. Be dumb. Just run." - Jumbo Elliot
13. "Nothing, not even pain, lasts forever." - Kim Cowart
14. “It’s supposed to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, everyone would do it. The hard…is what makes it great!” - Tom Hanks
15. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.” - Dean Karnazes
16. “Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it.” - Oprah Winfrey
17. “You don’t get to choose when opportunity is going to knock, so you better be prepared for it when it does.” - Ted Anderson
18. “What does not destroy me, makes me strong.” - Nietzsche
19. “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” - Haruki Murakami
20. “If you want to win a race you have to go a little berserk.” - Bill Rodgers
21. "It's supposed to hurt, GET OVER IT!" - Gary Robbins
22. "Don't dream of winning, train for it!" - Mo Farah
23. "There will come a day when I can no longer run. Today is not that day." - Unknown
24. “One thing about racing is that it hurts.” - Bob Kennedy
25. "The prize never goes to the fastest guy. It goes to the guy who slows down the least." - Chris Hauth
26. “Pain is the body's way of ridding itself of weakness.” - Dean Karnazes
Our team at The Fitness Tribe often collaborates together to produce content. When you see “TFT Team” this is because the content was not written by a single author, but rather a team effort.